Monday, April 6, 2009

25

Last week I turned 25. Given the fact that this joyful occasion was to be celebrated in sunny California, I decided to throw a barbecue in the back yard. Food and drinks were abundant and the sun came out to party. And when I least expected it, out came the piñata. Growing up in Amsterdam, I was of course completely unfamiliar with this tradition, but luckily some of my friends are Mexican and brought out the little cardboard horse filled with candy, which I had to beat the shit out of. After it was done I could not stop laughing, and in the mean time everyone else stuffed their pockets with mini chocolate bars.
So much better that those stupid 'Celebrations' Ali B hands out back in the motherland!


Of course, I was filmed. Watch this video to see how it's (not) done. Unfortunately, as with beating a piñata, I don't know how to perform a simple task like rotating a video so you will have to twist your neck to see the action (which by the way is much better in High Definition.)

Thanks Adam!