Saturday, January 3, 2009

I wonder what happened to Nicole Wray

I have a professed love for R&B music. Not only the R&B that Ike Turner used to make, but also the later kind. I guess my little last.fm chart over here on the site makes it pretty clear.
I don't share this love with many of my friends. Most of them listen to cool obscure music and classic oldies or you know, anything not produced by Timbaland or Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.. (That means you, Femke!)
With a lot of spare time, a new MacBook and finally figuring out how to use a torrent program, my love for this music is blowing up even more. People have ready made collections like '100 Best R&B and HipHop Songs of the 90's' and I spend my evenings like a teenager listening to Mary J Blige in my room on my headphones while dancing and singing along with no sound. At least I don't use my hairbrush as a microphone and having an airbed prevents me from jumping on the bed, so it's not thát bad.

Anyway. If any of you have a secret urge to listen to some classics, download this mix by Sotu the Traveller. It has Mark Morrisson, Ginuwine, Keath Sweat, and Jodeci among others. And if anyone gives you shit for it, remember he's a part of Appletree Records. That'll give you some credit.

I leave you with one of my favorites. Mazzel!

P.S. Don't download the new Beyonce album(s)! It SUCKS.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ik vind dat nummer 'if I was a boy' (zoiets) wel sick anders hoor!
X