Sunday, November 16, 2008

Allright allright

So it became like any other diary I have ever had. Start out positive, end up never writing again after five days. But we are here to break bad habits.

A lot has happened over the last few weeks. We had Halloween, I went to Los Angeles for a week, Obama was elected president (and I cried over the acceptance speech), and I found a nice place to live.

Next goals: find a job, a better bike, learn how to drive.

In the meantime, some pictures to illustrate.


New room...

I live in the Sunset area now. As you may or may not know, San Francisco has several microclimates. I live in the misty one. But, lucky enough, it has been really sunny and warm these last few days. I had never expected this weather, as someone sort of told me SF would be like Amsterdam, weather wise. Now I can tell you for sure that it has never been 25 degrees celcius in November back home.
This week, as I was exploring my new neighbourhood, I decided to go to the beach. The beach is about twenty five blocks from here, which is sort of walking distance or really short tram distance. There is only one way to go: straigh ahead, till you hit the water, it's incredible. So, I live by the beach. And by the Golden Gate park, that's tomorrows excursion.




Me, and the road to the ocean..


Halloween with Bryant and Andrea.


Laura Dols, Martien and me, driving around with evening gowns in the city of angels..

So. If anyone needs me, my NEW contact information is:
1433 23rd Avenue
San Francisco CA, 94122
1 (415) 577 4048
skype: avamees

3 comments:

Merel de Haan said...

Jezus tering lief, wat een fijne foto's! Ziet er heerlijk uit..
Hoop je binnenkort weer over skype te spreken! Veel zoenen van mij

Jan said...

oh mijn god Laura Dols is écht een persoon?

verder, avocado ik ben jaloers op je! je kamer ziet er heel schattig uit.

Anonymous said...

I cried over the same acceptance speech, and it felt real good!
x