Saturday, April 25, 2009

High school reunion

Oh, high school. I once asked a friend of mine from Indiana if American high schools were really like they are depicted in those cheerleader/quarterback movies. YES, he answered me, AND IT'S HELL. I can only imagine. Although mine was a bit preppy, when I look back on those days (especially the later years) I feel like I made some good friends and learned some good stuff. As for reunions, I haven't gone to any yet since I feel they're not gonna be shocking enough. When I go to a reunion, I don't want to know what college you go to, I want to know how many kids you got and what time has done to your face.


(hanging out with Kaas in the high school days when sitting on the street was always preferred to, you know, chairs)

So the reason why I am bringing this up is not because I am in a nostalgic mood (even though I pretty much always am) but because I came across an article about this girl who decided to send a stripper in her stead to her ten year high school reunion in Southern California, and made a movie out of it. The movie may never be shown because her former classmates are not giving permission, but the trailer is out and it's amazing. Going back to high school and doing something like this is probably something many people have dreamed about.
Here is the trailer:


And if you want to read more, click here for the article and here for an interesting commentary written on Jezebel.

No comments: