Tuesday, November 25, 2008

On beyond Zebra

Said Conrad Cornelius o'Donald o'Dell,
My very young friend who is learning to spell:
The A is for Ape and the B is for Bear.
The C is for Camel and the H is for Hare.
The M is for Mouse and the R is for Rat.
I know all 26 letters like that ……..

Through to Z is for Zebra, I know them all well.
Said Conrad Cornelius o'Donald o'Dell.

So now I know everything anyone knows.
From beginning to end, from the start to the close.
Because Z is as far as the alphabet goes.

Then he almost fell flat on his face on the floor
When I picked up the chalk and drew one letter more !
A letter he never had dreamed of before !

And I said, You can stop, if you want, with the Z
Because most people stop with the Z
But not me !

In the places I go there are things that I see
That I never could spell if I stopped with the Z.
I'm telling you this, cause you're one of my friends
My alphabet starts where your alphabet ends !

-DR SEUSS-

No comments: